Circle W RV Ranch is near Rockport Beach Park. And because it is such a warm summer, many people spend time at the fabulous beach. Keep these sunscreen tips in mind while by the water. The Texas sun can be brutal.
- The Texas sun shines bright and even through clouds, it can burn and damage skin in just a matter of minutes.
- Consider sunglasses labeled as blocking 99% or 100% of UVA and UVB, or as providing UV absorption up to 400 nm.
- Get rid of sunscreen past its expiration date or is more than two years old.
- For infants look for the ingredients zinc and / or titanium dioxide in sunscreen.
- To protect your head, use a combination of sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat. Don’t forget the ears, back of the neck, lips and the scalp at the part in the hair.
- Whatever type of sunscreen you prefer (gel and cream are the best choices), be sure to reapply every two to three hours during times of prolonged exposure.
- Wear tightly woven darker clothing in the sun because it reflects more UV rays and look for fabrics made of nylon or Dacron that are more protective than cotton.
- Water, sand and even porch decks can reflect and intensify the damaging rays of the sun so keep reflective areas in mind.
- The sun is strongest between 10 am and 4 pm so if your shadow appears to be shorter than you are, seek shade.
- People with naturally darker skin aren’t immune to the effects of the sun and can still burn.
About Circle W RV Ranch
Circle W RV Ranch is in Rockport, Texas. Take the short trip to Rockport Beach State Park and get wet but protect! You can also join in the park activities, night fish and visit hip art galleries while you are here! Reserve an RV space now at: www.circlewrvranch.com.